Theme Atherothrombosis and thromboembolism 2017
New experimental avenues and clinical challenges!
This is a highly interactive working conference where scientists from all backgrounds, including academia and industry, interact with the audience on “hot topics” in cardiovascular diseases with a focus on atherothrombosis, including atrial fibrillation, ischemic stroke, acute coronary syndrome and peripheral artery disease.
Conference topics include:
• Pleiotropy of coagulation proteases and platelets in the pathogenesis of atherothrombosis and embolic stroke
• Biomarkers and risk stratification
• Optimized individual antithrombotic management (novel anticoagulants and antiplatelet agents)
• Invasive thrombus resolution and reperfusion injury in legs, heart and brain
• Plenary session: Unsolved clinical issues (eg monitoring NOAC’s?)